science side of tumblr please explain why ice water tastes better than regular water
Because ice is water, and water is water. So if you put ice in water, it’s like… double water.
god damn it science side of tumblr
Ok but that post that’s like ”WHAT WOULD A CORRUPT FIREMAN EVEN LOOK LIKE??”
Here’s what it would look like:
- Refusing to put out fires in poor or minority neighborhoods
- Claiming that fires in poor or minority neighborhoods were too far away or that there was “nothing that we could do”
- Refusing to hire firefighters of color
- This stuff has happened before, you guys
- Institutions with power will pretty much inevitably attract people who want to abuse that power
- Please stop thinking that it’s only “certain” powerful institutions that we need to keep in check
- Please stop thinking that it’s only the police that reflect our societal prejudices
- All of our institutions of power will reflect our societal prejudices unless we stay active, vocal, and informed to prevent this sort of stuff from happening!!
- Please stop reblogging that post
- Sexual and physical assault by firemen (as well as medics/EMTs)
you aren’t edgy and different just because you have an offensive opinion ok
Ryo Oyamada, a 24 year old student from Japan, was struck and killed by an NYPD vehicle in a hit & run. Witnesses say the police car had no lights or sirens on and was going over 70 mph. The released footage by NYPD was proven to be heavily altered in a cover-up, showing “lights” on the vehicle, when compared to footage from the NY Housing Authority on the same street with the same timestamp.
On a personal note: I know that this will probably not be shared or reblogged very much, because Asians are not very prominent in American culture. I understand this, because Asians (like me) are partially at fault for being so passive. But I am begging you to please consider signing this petition out of human decency. Ryo was just a student walking home, then struck by a nearly silent police cruiser going at excess speed, and the NYPD covered it up.
Here is the side-by-side comparison of the released video footage, including updates from the case. *Edit* This article contains a link to a graphic video moments after the crash, showing the body of Ryo Oyamada and NY citizens yelling at the police. Please advise, it is highly disturbing.
And the following is an excerpt from the petition, which as of now only has 286 signatures.
On February 21st, 2013, Ryo Oyamada was struck and killed by a police cruiser while crossing the street. NYPD claimed that the cruiser’s lights and sirens were on before the collision, but multiple eyewitnesses stated otherwise, that the lights and sirens were only turned on afterwards, and that the cruiser was speeding in excess of 70 mph down a residential street. None of these eyewitnesses were interviewed for the police report.